To: All National Representatives of the Full and Affiliate Member Societies All Corporate Members’ Representatives
The Committee on Molecular Diagnostics (C-MD), under the chairmanship of Dr. Deborah Payne and Dr Mark Linder as Co-Chairs, and the incoming Chair as of January 2019, Dr Parviz Ahmad-Nejad, intends to replace one member who has completed the term of office.
The terms of reference and current projects of the C-MD are as follows:
Terms of Reference
- To foster dynamic exchanges between IFCC and molecular diagnostic laboratories and industry
- To produce guidelines on clinical validation of tests, conduct and reporting of molecular diagnostic tests
- To create a network of locus-specific IFCC Molecular Diagnostics Centres
- Establish an International Network of IFCC Reference Centres in Molecular Diagnostics
- Standardise formats for reporting of molecular diagnostic results
- Facilitate integration of pharmacogenetic testing into routine diagnostics at the appropriate quality standards
Information on the current composition of the C-MD and its activities are available on the IFCC Website at following link: http://www.ifcc.org/ifcc-scientific-division/sd-committees/c-md/.
More specific information can be obtained directly from Dr. Deborah Payne - email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr. Mark Linder - email@example.com and Dr. Parviz Ahmad-Nejad - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations should be directly sent to the IFCC Office (email@example.com) by using the enclosed application form, before January 25th, 2019.
Following approval, the candidates will be appointed for a three-year term (commencing in February 2019). A second three-year term is allowed following satisfactory review at the end of the first term by the Scientific Division Executive Committee following consultation with the C-MD Chairman.