ADVANCED MOLECULAR BIOLOGY WORKSHOP
This advanced workshop is being organized by the Malaysian Association of Clinical Biochemists (MACB) in conjunction with the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry (IFCC).
Its target participants are scientists who have some experience in doing molecular work and have been through some basic molecular courses.
Lectures, exercises and case reports
Please register online via www.macb.org.my.
E-mail addresses and hand phone numbers must be provided so that successful participants can be informed.
Closing date for registration: 26 January 2020
- Evi LIANIDOU, PhD, Professor of Analytical Chemistry – Clinical Chemistry, University of Athens, Greece (Chair)
- Andrea Ferreira-Gonzalez, PhD, Professor of Pathology and Director Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, VCUHS, Richmond, USA
- Verena HASELMANN, MD, Department: Institute for Clinical Chemistry, University Medicine Mannheim, Medical Faculty Mannheim of the University of Heidelberg, Germany
- Ettore Capoluongo, Professor of Clinical Biochemistry and Clinical Molecular at Catholic University of Rome, Head of Department of Laboratory Medicine and Molecular Genetics at Research Hospital IDI, Rome, Italy
Programme in brief:
Programme starts at 9am till 6pm
Day 1 – Wednesday 29.1.2020
ADVANCES IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY – INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND HEREDITARY DISORDERS
- Brief overview
- Different POCT devices in Microbiology and their use and applications
- Different aspects of quality assurance
- Principle validation of qualitative and quantitative tests
- Hereditary disorders (CF, Hypercholesterinemia, Cardiovascular diaorders)
Day 2 – Thursday 30.1.2020
ADVANCES IN MOLOCULAR BIOLOGY – ONCOLOGY (TISSUE & CTCS)
- Treatment of cancer patients
- Principle of NGS
- Different types of libraries
- Data analysis
DAY 3 – Friday 31.1.2020
ADVANCES IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY – CNAPS
- Clinical application of ctDNA
- Methods used: ddPCR, OncoBEAM, sequencing cfDNA including pre and post analytical aspects
- Clinical application of NIPT
- Methods used for NIPT